Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Abs are made in the kitchen...

Abs are made in the kitchen, the body is toned in the gym... Took a whole lot of tryin' just to push up that hill... Now I'm seeing results and their ain't no turning back... As long as I am living I'm working hard baby and ain't nothing wrong with that...

(Did you notice something? I was singing. I was singing to the tune of the Jefferson's theme song! Those words seem so much cooler now, huh? lol)

Good morning all,

Today, here in Dallas, TX it is gloomy outside, rainy and a yucky 46 degrees! I love my state, but these random weather changes here are ridic! Crazy!

Anyway, I almost let the gloom ruin my day and then I thought t myself, why? Doesn't make sense. So, I started singing this song that I randomly made up off the top of my head. It put me in a better mood.

So, here's an update on me. I was feeling all sad and overwhelmed on a post I posted about a week ago. I realized that I was trying to do way too much and it was affecting me mentally, physically and emotionally. That was a huge problem especially because it was affecting the way I ate, slept and catered to my lack of working out. I felt like I had no time for me or anything important except school and work. There was no work-life balance. Now, don't get me wrong I am no stranger to this, but back then it was nothing like now. This week I took my life back! I am feeling so much better now! I could just Scream & Shout and Let it all out! (Don't you just love that song? Stuck in my head. I especially think that remix could really pump me up in my workout.) I decided to slow down by dropping one of my classes and by pushing back my graduation date. No worries! I am still graduating on-time! I will get my Master's on-time rather than early like I had planned. Honestly with the advice of some great friends and family and noticing all of my attitude, feelings and thoughts etc go sour, I knew that this decision was best. I am much happier now and my load is not so overwhelming. I will still accomplish the same things just at a slower better pace!
 
 
That was fix number 1. Now to take my body back. I refuse to let all I accomplished to be for nothing! I AM TAKING MY BODY BACK! How will I accomplish this? First, I am going to shock my system for 8 full weeks. I mean come on the way these months I flying past, this should not be long at all. Here's my plan: (You can follow if you like!)
  1. Sleep more!
  2. Drink more water!
  3. Take my vitamins and fat burner
  4. Workout 6 days a week 2 times a day (1 full workout 45 mins to an 1 hr. 1/2; then either another full 15- 30 min workout or at least 300 crunches and 50 pushups a night)
  5. Calorie intake 1200-1500 calories
  6. Strength training + cardio
  7. Eat a specific diet (6 small meals a day) with NO CHEATS!
  8. Weigh myself only every 2 weeks (only per this plan, but do not do this on a regular outside of this plan)
  9. High protein... No carbs :(
  10. Try to blog either daily or weekly on how I feel.
That is all! This plan is so strict. YIKES! Oh well. It must be done! Here's the meal plan. This meal plan was chosen because of it's specificity and the fact that I don't mind eating the items on the plan. For 8 weeks, they are very hard items to eat, but at least I won't have to do any hard substitutions for these items. This plan is from my fave, Blogilates, of course.

You can find the post here, but here is what I am going to do:

Meal 1 Egg white omelet (1/2 cup liquid egg whites) with 1 cup broccoli (or any leafy green)

Meal 2 1 small can tuna with 2 cups broccoli (or any leafy green) 

Meal 3 9 oz boneless skinless steamed chicken breast (or any white fish) and 1 cup steamed green beans (or any leafy green) 

Meal 4 1.5 scoops whey protein mixed w/ water

Meal 5 9 oz boneless skinless steamed chicken breast (or any white fish), 2 cups Romain lettuce (or any leafy green)

Meal 6 1.5 scoops whey protein mixed w/ water

Condiments Light soy sauce or Frank's Red Hot sauce

Dressings Balsamic vinegar or other light vinaigrettes

Substitutes Can carb load only Sundays to duel myself for the week by only eating sweet potatoes, black beans, and/or oatmeal instead of drinking the protein shakes

WALLAH! THAT'S IT! I can already picture what this will do for me. I will most likely start this regime, Sunday when I have time to go to the grocery store. Until then I will try not to eat too crazy with what I got.

If you are planning to try this, please be advised:

Consult a registered dietitian, nutritionist, or your doctor before making any drastic changes to your diet and workout regime! With that in mind, I am doing this for me. I have done the research. I have been physically cleared for this, so therefore this is why I AM doing this. Follow safely!
source

Glam, FIT & Love,
Kimberly

P.S. I will try to start back posting my workout routines daily or weekly as well!!! Also, I am super duper excited that in May I get to go to Hong Kong & Beijing!!! I am so excited! More deets soon! Also, the tanks I spoke of a while back are finally going to be quoted and soon they will be in production. Eeek! :) On Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, I have asked that my friends/followers choose their favorite shirt. Maybe I will do the same on here. I can't wait till the ball gets rolling on them because the design has already been made. More deets to come as well on those.
 
Enjoy the rest of your day!
 
Remember: Be happy in what you do and...
source

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast-you also miss the sense of where you are going and why." --Eddie Cantor
 source

UPDATE!!! Check out the tweaks here and then check out other tweeks when I update you at least every 2 weeks! :)   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your questions, comments or concerns are welcomed! Enter them right here! :)