Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Day in the Life of Kim: Sample Meals




Here is the MOST REQUESTED post! I get asked this often and I have been getting asked this more frequently lately, so here you go! Below are all of my typical meal choices:

Breakfast:

  • Bowl of original oatmeal (packet or from the package made to serving size)
  • Bowl of steel cut oats
  • Protein pancakes
with or without
  • 2 slices of turkey bacon
  • 2-3 slices of Canadian bacon
  • Pineapple chunks
  • Watermelon pieces
  • Apple

  • One Blender bottle of Shakeology with water mixed (on-the-go)
  • One Blender bottle of Shakeology blended with water, ice and almond butter
  • Bowl of Special K Cereal with 1-2% milk
  • Bowl of Whole Grain Cheerios with 1-2% milk
  • Bowl of Kashi brand cereal with 1-2% milk
  • Egg whites mixed with spinach leaves (scrambled or as an omelet)
  • Egg whites mixed with broccoli (scrambled or as an omelet)
Lunch & Dinner
  • Boneless skinless chicken breast (baked, steamed or grilled)
  • White fish (can)
  • Tuna fish (can)
  • Talapia (baked, steamed or grilled)
  • Catfish (baked)
  • Shrimp
  • Any other fish
  • Occasionally white meat, skinless Rotisserie chicken
  • Occasionally turkey burger (boxed or with ground turkey meat)
  • Occasionally very lean (96% less fat) ground beef for spaghetti
with sides of (1 -2 of any or 1 of any)
  • Red/new potatoes (baked and cut up)
  • Baked sweet potato/yam (cut into fries)
  • Raw sweet potato/yam (cut up)
  • Romaine lettuce (for salad)
  • Spinach leaves (for salad or sauteed with meal)
  • Steamed french style green beans
  • Black beans
  • Cabbage
  • Cauliflower
  • brown rice
  • Whole wheat pasta
  • Lettuce (for wraps)
  • Any vegetables
Snacks
  • apple w/ or w/o almond butter
  • Special K, Whole grain cereal or Kashi (wet or dry)
  • Nuts (almonds, pecans, or walnuts)
  • Carrots
  • Small can of tuna w. tuna, spinach or Romaine lettuce
  • Raw sweet potato/yam
  • Whey protein shake
  • Oatmeal
  • Steel cut oats
  • Laughing Cow cheese with whole wheat crackers or whole wheat Ritz
  • Shredded wheat (dry)
  • Granola (dry, no mix, no bar, comes in a bag)
  • Any other fruits
  • Any other veggies
  • Stacy's pita chips (1 serving size)
  • World Table tortilla chips (1 serving size)
Condiments/ Dressings/ Toppings
  • Salsa
  • 1-2% milk
  • Soy milk
  • Balsamic, Caesar, Red Wine, Greek or any light vinaigrette (i.e. ? vinaigrette)
  • Frank's Red Hot sauce
  • Light soy sauce
  • Brown sugar
  • Stevia
  • Blueberry jam (natural) (for protein pancakes sometimes)
  • Occasionally Cool Whip (for protein pancakes sometimes)
  • Occasionally fat-free sharp cheddar cheese
  • Best label spaghetti (meaning lowest sodium, highest protein)
Drinks
  • WATER!!!
  • Green tea (no sugar)
  • (If needed) Coffee w/ 1 individual small cup of creamer, skim milk, 1-2% milk or occasionally fat-free flavored creamer, 2-3 packets of sugar
Also, sometimes if I have a craving for something that I really love to eat that is unhealthy, I try to find a healthier way to eat the meal. I will either Google a way or I just use my own expertise.

I do not deprive myself however. Each week if I desire I have a YOLO meal or snack usually of the unhealthy variety.

I hope you enjoyed this post!

There are more posts to come in this series as well. To come are:
  • A Day in the Life of Kim: Workout Regime
  • A Day in the Life of Kim: YOLO and "Rest Days"
  • A Day in the Life of Kim: The A-A-A-Alcohol
  • A Day in the Life of Kim: Do I Eat Out?
  • A Day in the Life of Kim: My Supplements
  • Things I Love: Workouts, Products, Magazines, Playlists & Trainers
  • Celeb Focus
Be on the lookout! April 24th is almost here and I am soooo happy one of my goals already came true... I reached 5000 views!!!!! Please send me your ideas for the BIG 1 YEAR celebration!

Thanks for always being there!

Glam, FIT & Love,
Kimberly


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your questions, comments or concerns are welcomed! Enter them right here! :)