Sunday, February 26, 2012

New Tupac? More Like "It's Barbie B!tch"

                                                                 
                                             
Hey WORLD! Sorry it has been a minute since I have written. It's just that I am new to this and am not sure how to get people to view this blog.


So hip-hop is up in arms at a new rapper on the scene. She was even seen with T.I. this past weekend. Her name is Iggy Azalea. This 21 year old phenom has gotten called the "The New Tupac," and although she sounds rather raw for her modelesque physique and barbie looks, to me this is a grandious comparison for this Australian girl. I could actually accept this story better if she was compared to Nicki Minaj. In my opinion just like Whitney Houston was "the voice" and there can't be another, then Tupac and Biggie are also one-of-a-kind. She is on the come-up like many artists these days by going viral on Youtube. Iggy recently signed to Interscope Records this year. With songs like Pu$$y and My World there's no wonder why she is arrousing the ears of the music world and big leaguers like T.I.  Her dubut album is set to be released in June entitled The New Classic.

Well there's no doubt that we need more female rap artists. I'd love to hear someone else other than Nicki Minaj on every song. So what do you think of Iggy. Take a listen. I'm currently taking a listen to her mixtape Ignorant Art now to see what I think.


Please comment! I'd love to know your views.

That child in this video though???





Some people are saying, "Hi Iggy, Bye Nicki!" What you think?


Iggy says, "Nicki paved the way." Hmmm... People act like female rappers started with Nicki the way they talk, but this is far from the truth. Let's not forget MC Lyte, Lil Kim, Queen Latifah, Foxy Brown, Eve, Trina, Charlie Baltimore, Da Brat, Left Eye, Missy Elliot, Salt 'n Peppa, and more.

The rest of the resources are within the text and available by clicking on the pictures.

Kisses,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your questions, comments or concerns are welcomed! Enter them right here! :)