Tuesday, May 8, 2012

FIT: Go Green!

Go Green!
  • No I'm not talking about my alma mater, UNT, the MEAN GREEN!
  • No I'm not talking about becoming a vegan or a vegetarian!
  • No I'm not talking about about changing your hair green or aything crazy! :)
  • No I'm not talking about sustainability either!
I am talking about drinking green tea! It has so many good benefits for your body.



So what's so great about it?


Well, for one thing green tea has been around for 4,000 years as a medicine by the Chinese for everything from headaches to depression. Scientific research has shown that drinking green tea can reduce the risk of esophagal cancer by nearly 60%, a compound in green tea inhibits the growth of cancer cells, and it lowers total cholesterol levels, as well as improve the ratio of HDL and LDL cholesterol.


The Low Down: Research says whether totally true or not that green tea reduces/helps/or maintains:
  • Atherosclerosis (coronary artery disease), reduces the risk of heart disease
  • High cholestorol (lowers total cholesterol and raises HDL (good) cholesterol)
  • Cancer ( bladder, breast, ovarian, colorectal, esophageal, lung, pancreatic, prostate, skin, stomach, Inflammatory Bowel Disease)
  • Diabetes
  • Liver Disease
  • WEIGHT LOSS (may boost metabolism and help burn fat)
  • Prevent cavities
  • Arthritis
  • Cold & Flu
  • Inflammation
  • Reduced of dying from these causes
Nice benefits package huh? It makes you want to try it just for the chance that at least the WEIGHT LOSS benefit right? That was my reason!

I know you're probably saying YUCK! Maybe you have tasted it and you are like, "Where's the sugar?" STOP! CALM DOWN! NO I'M NOT CRAZY! Did you know you could train your tastebuds into liking pretty much anything you eat! I slowly trained mine and now I prefer green tea to coffee! I really could not believe that considering I do not like iced tea, sweet or unsweetened. (Green tea is better for you than those. You want everything you put in your mouth to be less processed as possible.) I feel so much more energized after drinking it! I prefer it hot, but sometimes I can dig it cold.

Go ahead; TRY IT! GO GREEN!

To be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your questions, comments or concerns are welcomed! Enter them right here! :)