Friday, March 22, 2013

"Abs are made in the gym, but revealed in the kitchen."



Check in!

I don't want you to think that all of your hard work in the gym doesn't pay off. That is totally NOT TRUE!!! A better quote to explain the phenomena which is ABS, is to say, "Abs are made in the gym, but revealed in the kitchen." This is a quote taken from my fave, Cassey Ho. This is so true! I have a way stronger core than I used to. I know things are tighter underneath. I know my tight tummy or 6 pack is underneath this FAT GIRDLE I am carrying around. All it takes is some hard work in the gym coupled with eating healthier and WALLAH, you will see what I have worked so hard building at home and at the gym! It's that science that gets you SUMMER READY or in my case LIFE READY! You need both although I have learned that you see a lot of change with just eating better alone. I have tested a lot of theories and I have some great advice for those at all levels of fitness. Don't hesitate to ask me!
 
A funny story: I was working out to the POP Pilates DVD one day in front of some friends and I amazed them with the things I could do with my body, that I was stronger than they thought and that I lasted all the way through the video! they were so fascinated at my abilities. They probably assumed based on my not having the toned, shapely body I am working on that there was no way I could do those things. It was quite gratifying for me in that moment. It was kinda like an "AH HA in your face, Nanny Nanny boo boo, childhood moment!" It was great! They will most likely never underestimate me again.
 
 
Tight stomach and 6 pack don't always equal working out and healthy eating. - may be naturally thin
 
 
Tight stomach and 6 pack also does not mean in shape as well! - again they just might be naturally thin, tight or toned
 
 
Not the "in-shape" look (has fat, jiggle, not small framed) doesn't mean that the person is not in shape, lack flexibility or strength either
 
 
Take away these stereotypes please! I found that although my mom has always been small framed and ate like a mice her whole life, I could last longer on the treadmill than her and do a lot of workouts and moves that she simply could not. I was shocked and amazed when I realized this.

As I explained in a post before, I was always the one hating to get fitness advice from those super built people because psychologically I felt I would never reach that point, they were intimidating or I felt simply they were lying. I came up with this blog based on that. I wanted people to see that I had not reached my ultimate goal, but I was well on my way. You actually get to see my process. I am fully honest in every post. I research and read up on things that will help you and I or base posts on personal experience. Best of all, as I motivate you, I get motivated to keep going as well!

We are a team! We will beat childhood and adulthood obesity!  We will beat the statistics that say "African American women are okay with being BIG!"  We will beat all the odds! We can do it! You don't have to do it alone! We can all do this together! Don't hesitate to contact me via any of the forms I have placed on my "Contact" page! I promise you I will respond. I also promise that I will be inspirational, motivational, honest, NEVER ever judging and I will help the best way I know how or I will guide you to the answer or someone who has the answer. NO WORRIES!

Just know you are Beautiful!
 
Have a wonderful day and I will update you on my progress by Sunday! :)
 
Thanks for always being here and trying your best!

Glam, FIT & Love,
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your questions, comments or concerns are welcomed! Enter them right here! :)