Tuesday, March 26, 2013

No love lost...



I know this is an unusual post for me, but I have been knocked in the head by my feelings and thought this was the perfect place to bring them. Afterall, this blog is about being FIT and that requires you to not only be FIT in body, but also in mind, soul, relationships, emotions and all other aspects of life. I want to take the time out to pour out my feelings as a way to cleanse my soul, kinda like a public diary/journal of sorts.

I am just 24 and have only had 3 boyfriends and eeerrrrr many aquaintances (all passer-byers). All 3 were great while they lasted, but the problem is they did not last. I tend to not jump into relationships, but I jump into situations. The hardest thing for me is change which is so ironic in so many aspects of my life. It's more than I can take the time to explain. Each took a piece of me, each gave me something as well, each helped to make me damaged, each also healed a wound and each also gave me a lesson. The last, most of all, hurt. It was a very hard thing to get through. In time much has changed and much has sadly been not left in the past. I realize this. This is why I made a promise to myself that I would not enter yet another friendship or relationship with baggage. With baggage you will be on the next flight to NOWHERESVILLE! I am not trying to end up there. WASTE OF TIME! Time is oh so precious. I decided that however much I wanted to stay guarded and not open up that if the right person made me feel the need to open up, I would. I wanted someone to talk to. I was not searching for anyone any longer. I would just let them come to me. I would try to break down my barriers to communication and I would live freely (whatever that meant). I promised myself I would listen to myself. I would learn totally about me and that I would become right with myself. No one would rush me or make me jump into something I knew I was not ready for. This protects them and doesn't waste their time and vice versa. Of course, there comes along someone who tries to challenge that with all their might. The push/pull struggle would eventually taint that which we worked so hard to create. The conversations were endless, but the friendship never would stand the test of time. Oddly I got what I wanted, but not in the package I had hoped. I go over what all made this happen or was it doomed from the start? Who knows. I am just proud that I stood up for myself and I knew myself enough to know that although they wanted something more, I simply could only give them less. I could not place myself in another situation that I would struggle to get out of. I'd rather be angry now than to let all of that anger or pain linger on into something better and blessed by Christ.

Listen to yourselves just as you would during a workout. Know when to stop. Know when to forge ahead. Know when either is taking your all, making you feel horrible instead of better, and when either doesn't make you smile. Neither should be a drug. Each is intended to make you stronger, happier, healthier and the BEST version of you! When each is not doing that for you then it is time to move on. It doesn't mean quit. It just means that is not working for you. (Yes, this is a fitness blog mainly, so I did have to bring it in somewhere, right? lol)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jennifer Williams former castmate of Basketball Wives says it best (excerpt from Lucid):

...That rebound guy, someone to distract me from my real feelings. When I got that, I realized it was a temporary fulfillment. What I really needed was to heal my soul and my heart so I could genuinely be open to honestly and whole-heartedly truly loving again.

Love can be the [most] amazing feeling in the world and the most hurtful as well... I feel the key to finding love is to be happy with you first. Make sure you are at a place in your life where you are content and your heart is open to love. Love requires work and compromise. I also feel like when you least expect it, love will knock you over. Focus on yourself; work, family, friends and whatever else makes you happy and when God feels you are ready he will bring you the perfect companion.

Trust is a huge component of making a relationship work. It is vital not to bring your past experiences of a bad relationship into your present relationship. Everyone deserves a fair chance until they do something to make you give them the side eye...

...Communication is key to a thriving, loving, healthy relationship. Nowadays everyone gets caught up in texting. A relationship cannot survive when a “new message” alert is your lifeline. Pick up the phone and listen to each other’s voice. You cannot feel true emotion through a text and things can be taken out of context...

The important thing about love is to be honest and keep it fresh...

And ladies remember how you got him is how you keep him!

Love and Lucid kisses,
JW
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you read this blog it will sound so much sweet to the tunes of Ashanti. It gave it so much more depth. :) (Check out her new song entitled, "Never Should Have" down below.)

Remember to stay FIT in all areas of life. Never let them see you sweat unless it is at the gym! Always keep it GLAMourous, fashionable and classy. You look good, you feel good! Stay open and receptive to LOVE. An open heart is a receptive heart! This is the hardest thing to do. It becomes easier when you heal what has been broken.

Let's all smile. No need to be sad or angry. Live life to the fullest! Don't hold grudges. Never let someone steal something that they never gave you in the first place (smile, laugh, joy, life etc.). Focus on truly being the best you and the inches will come off, the pounds will shead, your heart will heal and what you have been working on so hard will eventually show up (i.e. ABS of steal, beautiful, round butt or the MAN (or WOMAN) that will sweep you off your feet!

As always,
Glam, FIT & Love,
Kimberly



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your questions, comments or concerns are welcomed! Enter them right here! :)